This course walks you step-by-step through building an automated end-of-day trading system in Excel. The trading model you build generates buy/sell signals from your watch list of up to 100 securities. The model is ideal for trading stocks, ETFs and forex. Excel’s VBA language is used in conjunction with spreadsheets, links and formulas to deliver a powerful and flexible trading tool.
What You Get
- How To Course – Step-by-step course covers strategy, data, formulas, VBA and FAQs
- Price Data Import – Detailed instructions for importing price data into Excel
- Back Test Model – Includes a complete back testing model with detailed performance stats
- Watch List – Watch and generate trade signals for up to 100 securities
- Learn how to integrate Excel, VBA, formulas and data sources into a profitable trading system
- Calculate buy/sell signals on a watch list of 100+ stocks, currencies or ETFs in seconds
- Save significant money by eliminating recurring data and software costs
- Get instant access to the materials in a zip file emailed directly to you
- Apply the knowledge you gain to any Excel modeling or analysis project
This course walks you step-by-step through building an end-of-day trading system in Excel that is designed to work with stocks, ETFs and forex.
The model includes 5 proven technical indicators (ADX, moving average crossovers, stochastics, Bollinger bands and DMI). You are guided in a detailed fashion through creating worksheets, files, ranges, indicator formulas, control buttons, DDE/Active-X links and code modules.
The model incorporates both trend-trading and swing-trading features. The swing-trading feature can be turned on or off, depending on your trading style.
The system can be used to generate trading signals for a watch list of up to 100 stocks, currencies or ETFs.
After building the model, you simply import the end of day price data, run the model with the click of a button, make your trading decisions, and enter your trade orders with your broker.
The course shows you how to import prices automatically into your Excel model from free downloaded .csv files or from DownloaderXL.
A pre-built back testing model is included that allows you to test the system versus buy-and-hold over 5 years of price history. The back test model displays detailed performance and risk statistics to help you select a watch list with a greater probability of generating large profits.
1) The Excel model you build in this course will automatically import prices using free .csv price files you download from the Internet. It can also be connected to an external paid data provider or broker with a DDE / Active-X link for Excel. The course assumes you can access the data necessary to run the model.
2) The Excel model in this course does not send trade orders and confirmations directly to and from your broker’s system. It creates buy-sell orders in Excel, which you review and submit to your broker manually. You can extend the model yourself to integrate it directly with your broker’s order execution system using your broker’s Excel API. Interactive Brokers, E*TRADE, Merrill Edge and others offer Excel API integration. Implementing an Excel API connection to a broker is not covered in this course.